Best Pilonidal Sinus Surgery in Bangalore
Pilonidal is a condition in which hair grows/collected under the skin in nata cleft (Space between two buttocks).
Pilonidal sinus is a abnormal track from deeper infection below to the skin. The track usually travels vertically which may progress with time.
The exact cause of the pilonidal sinus is not known. Some people are born with a pit where hair is trapped between buttocks and with age sinus develops. In some cases the pit may develop with constant pressure.
Some of the conditions which increases the incedence includes
- A job involving a lot of sitting (a sedentary occupation)
- Being overweight (obesity)
- A previous persistent irritation or injury to the affected area
- Having a hairy, deep natal cleft
- A family history of the condition
I follow a simple alogorithm for traetment of pilonidal condtions1. When the abscess develops in a short span of time (Acute abscess) and pain and infection are not severe then it can be treated with course of antibiotics for 5 days and planned defenitive surgery with in 6 weeks.
2. When the abscess develops in a short span of time (Acute abscess) and pain and infection are severe then it can be treated with immediate excision
3. When it’s a recurrent chronic condition then planned surgery is done.
I offer the following surgical options depending on the condition
1. If infection is less and there is no contamination of surgical site then excision and primary closure.
2. If surgical site is contaminated then excision and healing by seconday intention.
Both above procedures are simple with no other added complications and will be enough to treat about 90% conditions so I would always prefer to perform simple wide excision +/- primary closure for all the pilonidal conditions as a first choice.If condition reccurs then a advanced procedure which involves mobilising and closure with flap can be performed.
Pilonidal sinus is minor condition but problomatic because of the place it affects.
How pilonidal-sinus surgery is conducted?
- Infected pilonidal-cysts cannot be cured with antibiotics and this is why doctors often recommend for Pilonidal Sinus Surgery in Bangalore. These cysts are quite painful and if you want to get rid of this pain permanently then you should definitely go for this surgery. Infected pilonidal-sinus is being surgically drained out by using local anesthesia.
- Oral-antibiotics are being provided so that surgical-pain cannot be released. These antibiotics also help in reducing infection-effects to a great extent. These antibiotics need to be taken at least before few weeks from pilonidal sinus surgery in Bangalore for receiving best results. Direct incisions are being made so that cysts can be operated efficiently.
- The wounds of this pilonidal sinus surgery in Bangalore are being sealed by sutures. Surgical-approaches need to be decided before only and this decision is being taken on the basis of cyst-size. Cyst-size can be now known directly from the medical-test reports. The wounds should be nicely dressed or covered otherwise they might get exposed towards infectious elements especially bacteria.
- The cysts are being completely removed in this pilonidal sinus surgery in Bangalore. Nowadays, surgeons are using only advanced surgical-techniques so that the cysts do not come back. Therefore, patients who are getting bothered by large-sized cysts should definitely choose pilonidal sinus surgery in Bangalore as the most reliable and permanent solution.
- Before going through pilonidal sinus surgery in Bangalore, you should take valuable advices or suggestions from your surgeon. Your age and cyst-condition are the two most important factors that are being considered for finalizing the surgery type or approach. Limberg-flap is a very popular surgical-approach.
- In this case, rhomboid-shaped incision is involved for creating easy flaps. These flaps can help in making access of the cysts easily and efficiently. Flaps can be easily lowered immediately after the surgery completion and the lowered flap is being stitched thoroughly for making the wound closed nicely. Prescribed medicines should be continued as long as the surgeon instructs to stop the consumption.
- These medicines not only prevent post-surgical complications but also help in wound-recovery. Pilonidal sinus is mostly being experienced by men than women. Men having thick body-hairs often develop this issue. Obese or overweight can also be one of the most prominent reasons behind this issue. There are many men who neglect this issue when the cyst remain smaller but this should not be done as when the infection becomes intensive the cysts will grow in size speedily.
How surgeons efficiently deal with pilonidal sinus surgery?
Is pilonidal-sinus infection coming back to you again and again? Well, then this is the time when you should understand that medicine or therapies cannot stop this infection anymore. In this scenario, pilonidal sinus surgery in Bangalore is the sole solution.
It is on the basis of infection-stage that the perfect type of pilonidal sinus surgery in Bangalore is being decided by the expert surgeon. Intensive situation that highly demands for this surgery basically leads to the formation of recurrent cysts. This condition is popularly known in the name of pilonidal-disease.