It’s a condition which is characterised by excessive itching around anal canal. Even though it is not serious it is socially emberassing at the least. Problem is compounded by the fact patients feel emberassed to sek help from doctors at the early stage. This makes treatment even more difficult as patients seek at late stage. By this stage there might be skin damage.
There are many causes which might lead to pruritis Ani. Most common cause is incomplete cleaning or minor leakage of faeces from anal canal. This can also be caused by 3rd and 4th degree haemorroids (piles) (See Piles blog). This can also be caused by certain skin conditions which might have already affected different parts of the body.
Pruritis Ani gets better with identifying and treatment of cause. If no cuase found then simple measures will outlined below will help.
Though it is not a serious condition its difficult to treat. This is because it might be difficult to identify the condition which is causing the pruritis ani. After identifying it needs both patience and persistence. This might be complicated as we might not be able to remove aggravating factors like (Work condition, weather etc).
- First and the most important is personal hygiene. The area must be kept as clean as possible. After passing each motion the area should be washed with water and dried with soft clothe.
- Avoid using paper to clean after passing the motion.
- Some people might feel better after cold than warm water.
- Do not use soap/antiseptics/perfume. Any artifiicial agent can lead to skin irritation. Some might find emolient solution helpful.
- If water is not available then use wet baby wipes/soft toilet paper after opening bowel.
- Avoid scratching at all cost.
- After cleaning with water after passing motion dry the area with soft towel. Do not rub the area. You might find hair dryer with low setting helpful.
- Loose cotton underware and changing it twice a day will be helpful.
- Avoid tight trousers/jeans. Less friction is helpful in most conditions.
- Avoid sittind in one place for long time especially on plastic chair.
- undergrments should be washed with non-biological washing powder. Make sure there is no traces of dettergent on undergarments.
- Avoid constipation at all cost.
If you have tried all measures at home and symptoms are resolved then consultation with proctologist for further assessment and treatment will be helpful.
If you are looking for any natural Pruritus Ani Treatment in Bangalore, then you can definitely choose home-remedies. Some useful remedies that are being used in this regard are aloe-Vera, oatmeal, apple-cider vinegar, coconut-oil, essential-oils, baking-soda bath, Honey and milk, Lemon juice and others.
Anal-area itching is very much irritating and if this continues for long then the infection might spread and affect your internal-organs as well. Some commonest signs of anal-itching that might make you bother are burning, itching, irritation, soreness, pain, chafing and dryness.
The condition needs to be diagnosed well otherwise best pruritus ani treatment in Bangalore cannot be chosen. Pruritus ani treatment in Bangalore especially after or during pregnancy needs to be chosen carefully. Persistent or recurrent rectum-itching can even cause severe bleeding and thus you should get the best pruritus ani treatment in Bangalore as soon as possible.