Yes there is with good results and is safe.
Any anal fissure which has not healed even after 6 weeks is called chronic anal fissure. Conservative measures are unlikely to work and one might need surgery most of the times.
A small skin tag (Sentinel skin tag) can develop in chronic fissures. Otherwise some patients can experience itching.
Fissure will never lead to cancer.
- First and the most important is personal hygiene. The area must be kept as clean as possible. After passing each motion the area should be washed with water and dried with soft clothe.
- Avoid using paper to clean after passing the motion.
- Some people might feel better after cold than warm water.
- Do not use soap/antiseptics/perfume. Any artifiicial agent can lead to skin irritation. Some might find emolient solution helpful.
- If water is not available then use wet baby wipes/soft toilet paper after opening bowel.
- Avoid scratching at all cost.
- After cleaning with water after passing motion dry the area with soft towel. Do not rub the area. You might find hair dryer with low setting helpful.
- Loose cotton underware and changing it twice a day will be helpful.
- Avoid tight trousers/jeans. Less friction is helpful in most conditions.
- Avoid sittind in one place for long time especially on plastic chair.
- undergrments should be washed with non-biological washing powder. Make sure there is no traces of dettergent on undergarments.
- Avoid constipation at all cost.
If you have tried all measures at home and symptoms are resolved then consultation with proctologist for further assessment and treatment will be helpful.